Last updated: February 2024
1. Returns & Exchanges
Items eligible for return or exchange are accepted within 30 days of placing your order (U.S. Orders only, international orders are not eligible for return).
To be eligible for a return or exchange, items must be in perfect condition (unworn & unused) and must be returned in all original packaging. Shipping charges and fees are non refundable.
*We now offer return & shipping protection for Cords Club orders called Redo, which you can purchase at checkout. If you add this to your order ($1.98), you can return any item in your order for an exchange, store credit, or a refund for FREE. Awesome, right??
If you choose not to buy Redo at checkout, you can still return or exchange, but you will have to cover the cost of the return shipping label (it will be deducted from your refund amount or paid separately in the return portal).
- Shipping charges and fees are non refundable.
- Items sent back to us without first requesting a return via the portal will not be accepted.
- After initiation of the return request you will have up to 30 days to complete the return or your refund will be automatically cancelled.
- Any items marked as Final Sale cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Any returns with refunds (non store credit or exchange) that are not store credit will incur a 4% fee to cover product processing
Product Hygiene Notice
Cords Club is committed to the highest standard of hygiene to keep our ears safe. We understand that Cords Club is built on the premise that we have cute and safe jewelry, which means our community has confidence in the quality of their purchases. Due to hygiene considerations, Cords Club does not resell any returned flat back studs. You can have full confidence that your purchase will be sent to you in unworn and brand new-condition.
2. 365 Day Product Warranty
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
At Cords Club, we're proud of the quality standard that we uphold. Each item is meticulously scrutinized for the utmost quality. We test our pieces for months before we allow any new designs to be added to the site. With tens of thousands of happy customers and thousands of 5 star reviews, we feel confident that you'll love our jewelry as much as we do!
While we do our best to inspect all pieces multiple times before they are sent out in the mail, it is possible that there may be manufacturing defects we aren't aware of. We are proud to offer our customers a 365 day manufacturer product warranty. Any pieces that break due to manufacturing issues* within 1 year of the purchase date will be eligible for a replacement item or equal value to what was originally paid for that item in shop credit.
Claims can be submitted via the Customer Happiness Portal, which will walk you through the process (photos of the broken item(s) will always be required). You'll just need your email address, photos of the issue, and your order number in order to get started! After the claim is reviewed, our fantastic customer service team will notify you of next steps.
- Warranty does not cover lost items. Not responsible for flat backs lost due to tension issues.
- Warranty does not cover certain items marked as non-refundable or final sale.
- Warranty does not cover damage due to excessive force.
- Wear and tear is different than jewelry tarnishing. We make a promise that all of our jewelry is tarnish free because we use good materials. However, wear and tear with gold plating, oils from skin, non-regular cleaning, etc. will cause plating to wear down. The warranty does not cover standard wear and tear color fading.
Remember to be kind when speaking with the Cords Club team, please! We are real people and not robots and we DO want to help you fix whatever issues you may be experiencing. Our teammates reserve the right to deny service to anyone who isn't behaving with respect or kindness.
3. Order Change Requests
We completely understand. Sometimes you place an order and realize you made a mistake. Maybe you ordered the wrong color, or you meant to get a different size. We'd love to help!
- Please submit your desired change via the chat feature on our website (bottom right corner). This will direct you to submit an "order change request" ticket.
- Requests for order changes are handled on a case by case basis and can be denied for any reason based on Cords Club's judgement of the situation. We cannot guarantee your change request, even if it's submitted in that 24 hour window. We'd absolutely love to make the change you're looking for, but there a lot of contributing factors and a change to your order might not be possible.
- If you opt to cancel your order if your requested change isn't possible, all of the order cancellation criteria apply (see below).
4. Cancellation Requests
Well darn! We're sorry to see you go! But we've been there too and understand that sometimes life happens and a cancellation is the best option for you. We're happy to help!
- Please submit your desired change via the chat feature on our website (bottom right corner). This will direct you to submit a "Cancel Order Request" ticket.
- Order cancellation requests must be sent within 24 hours of when the order was placed. Orders placed >24hrs before the cancellation request is sent cannot be cancelled.
- Requests for order cancellations are handled on a case by case basis and can be denied for any reason based on Cords Club's judgement of the situation. We cannot guarantee your cancellation request, even if it's submitted in that 24 hour window. We'd absolutely love to help with the cancellation you're requesting, but there are a lot of contributing factors and a cancellation might not be possible.
- All cancelled orders incur a 4% processing fee.
When a return is processed for a refund via the Customer Happiness Portal, we will review your return upon receiving it and approve it if all return requirements have been met. If approved, we will process your refund (minus the 4% payment processing fee) within 10 business days. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund, as well.
If more than 15 business days have passed since we’ve approved your return, please contact us ASAP! Any delays are non-intentional and it is more likely than not that the refund was issued and that it is taking longer for your bank statement to reflect the refund.
6. Shipping Protection (Lost/Damaged Packages)
With Redo Shipping Protection
We now offer return & shipping protection for Cords Club orders through our partners at Redo, which you can purchase at checkout. If you add this to your order ($1.98), you will be fully covered for all lost or damaged packages for FREE. Awesome, right??
Without Redo Shipping Protection
If you choose not to buy Redo at checkout, Cords Club is not responsible for any stolen or missing packages. Once we deliver your package to the carrier it will be out of our hands.
7. Shipping Policies
Cords Club standard shipping is typically between 1-4 business days for order processing + handling. Please allow extra days for shipping during new collection launches, and holidays. Shipping times are contingent upon the shipping option selected at checkout. Orders are shipped Monday - Friday.
Orders do not ship out on weekends or on US postal holidays.
You will receive an email notification with a package tracking number when your order has been shipped. Please check your Spam or Junk email folder for this notification. Please note that if you haven't opted into receiving emails or texts, you may not receive these notifications.
If you need to check the status of an order that you have already placed, please log into your existing Cords Club account, or create a new account using the email address that you entered when you placed your order.
"Return to Sender" Packages
If the shipping carrier attempts to deliver your package and it is returned to us, we will reach out within 10 business days of being returned to us to verify your shipping address.
If we determine that the shipping address was incorrectly entered at checkout, we will email you a custom invoice to cover the cost of shipping to the correct address.
Occasionally, your address may have been 100% correctly entered yet the shipping carrier is at fault for the "Return to Sender" package. In this case, the carrier covers the cost and we will re-ship your order for no charge but we recommend reaching out to the carrier to help them understand your address or clarify any details with them to ensure the 2nd delivery attempt is successful.
Personal information we collect when you visit the Site: We automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. - “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Google analytics is used to track cookies, device information and all other tracking information provided through google analytics.
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). Sharing your personal Information: We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Behavioral advertising: As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track: Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your rights If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Data retention: When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Minors: The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
Text Marketing Terms and Conditions: By subscribing to Cords Club text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support.
You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Contact us: For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below: Cords Club Privacy Compliance Officer Spanish Fork UT 84660, United States
9. Additional Info
Improper Use: Indiecords, Cords Club, & all associated parties, persons, entities, etc. are not liable for improper use of items purchased. Once an item has left our hands, we are no longer responsible for the care or use of said items. Any items used in a way not in compliance with intended use of said items are the sole liability of the user. Not for use around babies. Small parts may pose a choking hazard.